Majid Al Futtaim Loyalty Programme (“SHARE”) is operated by Majid Al Futtaim Management Services LLC for the Majid Al Futtaim group of Companies. The SHARE mobile application that can be available on App Store, Google Play and any other platforms (“SHARE Rewards”) and the SHARE website which is the SHARE rewards programme website at: www.sharerewards.com (“SHARE Website”) are offered to the Member / you conditional upon the Member’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) as modified from time to time. By accessing and using the SHARE Rewards mobile application and / or the SHARE Website, you have agreed to all Terms.
1. The following binding definitions shall apply:
- “Account” means the account where Points of a Member will be Earned/Redeemed accessible on the SHARE Rewards mobile application and / or Share Website.
- “Earn” or “Earning” is when a Member is rewarded with Points for making a Qualifying Transaction at a Participating Brand.
- “Enrollment Date” means the date the Member successfully registered with SHARE.
- “Family Group” means a SHARE feature that enables Family Members to share points with each other as covered in clause 9.0.
- “Family Head” means a Member covered in clause 9.0.
- “Family Member” means a Member covered in clause 9.0.
- “Gift” means moving points from one SHARE Account to another as covered in clause 9.0.
- “Member” and /or “You” means a person who has successfully registered a SHARE Account.
- “Participating Brand” means Carrefour, VOX Cinemas, Magic Planet, Ski Dubai, Little Explorers, iFly, Lululemon Athletica, Crate and Barrel, Maisons du Monde, American Girl and Lego. Plus additional non-Majid Al Futtaim retail and restaurant brands across in Majid Al Futtaim malls and hotels in the UAE. The full list is available on the SHARE Website:
- “Partner Programmes” means rewards programmes or related companies external to SHARE, with whom SHARE has an agreement to enhance Earning and Redeeming opportunities for Members.
- “Points” means the value of the rewards programme currency which are accrued by Members of SHARE for making a Qualifying Transaction.
- “Operational Date” means 12th May 2019 or any other date as decided by Majid Al Futtaim at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The “Minimum Redemption Amount” is 10 Share Points (worth 1 AED) to be used against a purchase.
- “Qualifying Transaction” means a successful transaction within a Participating Brand post the SHARE Operational Date.
- “Redeem” or “Redeeming” is when a Member uses their Points to pay for goods or services in part or in full in Participating Brands.
- “Share ID” means the barcode within the SHARE Rewards mobile application..
- “Share Wallet” means the SHARE mobile wallet inside the SHARE Rewards mobile application.
- “Transfer” means moving points to or from a Members SHARE Account and a Partner Programme as covered in clause 8.0.
- Majid Al Futtaim reserves the right to change, modify or amend any part of Share at any time. This right includes, but is not limited to, the Terms, Majid Al Futtaim partner affiliation, rules for Earning and Redeeming points, rules for use of rewards, benefits, procedures and specific features of promotional offers. Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure the latest version of is posted on the SHARE Rewards mobile application and / or SHARE Website. The Member's use of SHARE after any change or variation to the Terms or otherwise will be deemed to be an acceptance by the Member to any modification or update. The Member is solely responsible for remaining knowledgeable of the Terms, an up to date copy of which will be maintained on the SHARE Website.
- The SHARE App and / or SHARE Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your reference only and your use of these sites may be subject to their own terms and conditions posted on them. By inclusion of the aforementioned websites Majid Al Futtaim does not endorse the material or the security of browsing on such websites. Majid Al Futtaim accepts no liability of whatsoever nature related to websites operated by third parties, and under no circumstances shall Majid Al Futtaim be liable for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through third party websites.
- The information published on the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website might not be complete or it might include inaccuracies or typos. Majid Al Futtaim does not represent or warrant that access to the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website. Majid Al Futtaim makes no representations about the suitability of the information, products, and services contained on the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website for any purpose. All information, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Majid Al Futtaim hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to information, products, and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MAJUD AL FUTTAIM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SHARE APP AND / OR SHARE WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SHARE APP AND / OR SHARE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SHARE APP AND / OR SHARE WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SHARE APP AND / OR SHARE WEBSITE, NO MATTER HOW ARISING WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
- SHARE App and / or SHARE Website might contain message or communication facilities which are offered to Members. Any opinions, views or statements expressed or made by a Member in the course of using those facilities are those of that Member and not of Majid Al Futtaim or SHARE. Majid Al Futtaim is under no obligation to review any messages; information or content posted on the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such submissions and Majid Al Futtaim reserves the right to review, edit or delete without notice any contents of the submissions received from Members, which it deems in its sole discretion to be illegal, offensive or anyway unfitting. You understand that you are responsible for any material you may submit to the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website. You agree that when posting a message on the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website, you shall not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others; nor publish, post, distribute, or disseminate any harmful, threatening, defamatory, abusive, infringing, offensive, obscene, vulgar, indecent, or unlawful material or information; nor advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters of any kind; nor post messages impersonating others; nor upload any files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy unless you have the legal right to do so; nor upload any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may cause damage to others; nor delete any author attributions, legal notification, or proprietary material in any file therein.
- You agree to indemnify Majid Al Futtaim, its employees, agents and representatives, and to hold all defended and harmless from any claims, and liabilities including legal costs that may arise from your submissions to the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website, from your use of material obtained through the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website, from your breach of these Terms, or from any such acts arising through your use of the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website.
- Majid Al Futtaim reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny access to the SHARE App and / or SHARE Website wholly or partially without any notification with no liability of whatsoever nature.
- Share has no predetermined termination date until such time as MAF decides to terminate it, at any time, with or without notice at MAF’s sole discretion. A Member has the right to leave Share and discontinue the usage of the Share App and / or Share Website at any time. If a Member opts to leave Share the Member understands and accepts that the Member shall be forfeiting any unused Points or Earning activities that would generate Points. MAF cannot guarantee nor does it give any warranties for fulfillment of a Member’s request that is not part of the standard offering of Share as per the Terms. Notwithstanding the aforementioned a Member might not be able to directly opt-out of any management or service communication required in order to operate Share.
- Points have no monetary value and cannot be sold or assigned to others or used as value in any other transaction other than those facilitated by Share in accordance with the Terms.
- MAF will not be liable to a Member or any other person for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, resulting from termination or change of Share or any of the facilities, benefits or arrangements which are made available to a Member.
- MAF reserves the right to disqualify a Member from further participation in Share, to cancel all previously accumulated Points and to seek compensation for Points Redeemed if, in MAF's sole judgment, that Member has engaged in willful misconduct or breached any of the Terms, including, but not limited to the fraudulent acquisition of Points or acquisition, sale or abuse of Points or acquisition, sale or abuse of redeemed goods or benefits.
- The Share App / Share Website is controlled and offered by MAF from its offices in the United Arab Emirates. MAF makes no representations or warranties that the App is appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access or use Share App / Share Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.
MEMBERSHIP – REGISTRATION & JOINING
- Share is available to any person over the age of ten (10) years old.
- MAF reserves the right to accept or reject any application for membership in Share at its absolute discretion.
- If an application for membership is rejected, any benefit that may have accrued to the applicant through Share usage will be null and void.
- Share is free for registration and is available by downloading the Share App and completing the required registration details.
- Members must complete the registration process by providing current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. As a minimum, the member will need to provide their full name, email address and mobile number. You are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided for registration or any other information provided by you on Share. The member is responsible for updating his/her account on Share with any changes to their contact information.
- Membership is not transferable, and any benefits / Points cannot be assigned to any other individual, unless otherwise in accordance with these Terms.
- All Points accrued by a Member will be credited to their respective Account only.
- A Member cannot have multiple Accounts.
- Members will be able to link their Account to a Family Group a as well as share their Points with other Members of the same Family Group as covered in clause 9.0.
- A Member may Earn Points on Qualifying Transactions on or after their Enrollment Date.
- To Earn Points, the Member must have downloaded the Share App and fill in the required registration details in order to activate their Account.
- For Earning in-store at Participating Brands the Member must make available the Share App on a mobile device and be logged in to their Account.
- At Carrefour and VOX Cinemas outlets Members should present their Share ID within the Share App to the cashier prior to payment in order to Earn Points.
- At Magic Planet, Ski Dubai, Little Explorers, iFly, Lululemon Athletica, Crate and Barrel, Maisons du Monde, American Girl, Lego and additional Participating Brands within Majid Al Futtaim malls and hotels in the UAE, Members should pay with their Share Wallet in the Share App in order to Earn Points.
- E-commerce Points Earning through a Participating Brand’s website requires Members to log into their SHARE account on the respective e-commerce website before completing the transaction.
- In the event that a Member’s Share ID or Share Wallet is unavailable at the time of payment, or the Participating Brand is unable to accept Share Wallet payments, Members can Earn using the receipt scanning functionality within the Share App as covered in clause 12.0.
- A Member may make a retroactive claim up to 14 days after the Qualifying Transaction date only via the receipt scanning functionality as covered in clause 12.0.
- The Member’s Earn rate will vary based on the Participating Brand and will range from 2.5 points up to 100 points or more per 100 AED or equivalent in other currencies of the total Qualifying Transaction amount.
- The number of Points Earned by the Member shall be based on the total Qualifying Transaction amount.
- Points may take up to 1 week to be credited to a Member’s Account. Points Earned by a Member may only be Redeemed by that Member in accordance with these Terms once they have been credited to the relevant Account.
- Points can only be Earned on Qualifying Transactions. It is the responsibility of the Member to verify the accrual of points Earned in these instances.
- The Member cannot Earn Points when purchasing the following items, which can be amended from time to time by MAF at its discretion:
- Financial services products (e.g. ATM, banking, currency exchange)
- Gift cards
- Specialist services products (e.g. extended warranty, Nol, Salik, Etisalat, Du)
- MAF has the right to reduce Earn rates and exclude specific items as required.
- Members can Redeem Points in Participating Brands as an equivalent to cash, with the redemption rate set at 10 points = 1 AED.
- The minimum redemption amount is 10 points (equivalent value of 1 AED), then upwards in increments of 0.1 point (equivalent value of 0.01 AED).
- For redemption in-store at Participating Brands the Member must produce the Share App on a mobile device and be logged in to their Account.
- At Carrefour and VOX Cinemas outlets Members should present their Share ID within the Share App to the cashier prior to payment or pay with their SHARE Wallet in order to Redeem points in order to Redeem points. Here, Points redemption is restricted to the full value of an item.
- At Magic Planet, Ski Dubai, Little Explorers, iFly, Lululemon Athletica, Crate and Barrel, Maisons du Monde, American Girl, Lego and additional Participating Brands within Majid Al Futtaim malls and hotels in the UAE, Members should pay with their Share Wallet in the Share App in order to Redeem points.
- Within Majid Al Futtaim operated hotels, points can be Redeemed on hotel restaurant spend and Members should pay with their Share Wallet in the Share App in order to Redeem points.
- Within Majid Al Futtaim operated hotels, it is not yet possible to Redeem points on hotel room spend.
- E-commerce Points redemption through a Participating Brand’s website requires Members to log into their SHARE account on the respective e-commerce website before completing the transaction.
- The Redeemed Points will automatically be deducted from the Member’s Account at the time of redemption.
- Members must have sufficient Points in their Account in order to Redeem the requested number of Points.
- Points have a validity of 24 months from the date of Earning, after which point they will expire.
- If there is no Account Earning or Redeeming activity for 24 months then all points will expire, as covered in clause 11.0.
REDEEMING PART POINTS / PART CASH
- Members may Redeem their Points either in full or in part Points / part cash on a Qualifying Transaction.
- Members will Earn Points based on the non-Points redemption component of the transaction.
- Members can select the number of Points to be Redeemed in each transaction through the Share App, subject to any Minimum Redemption Amount.
- For part Points / part cash redemptions in VOX Cinemas, Points redemption is restricted to the full value of an item. For example, if a member purchases 2 tickets and 1 popcorn within a single transaction, they must select which individual items will be paid for with Points and which with cash; such as 1 ticket paid for with Points, 1 ticket and 1 popcorn paid for with cash.
TRANSFERRING POINTS WITH PARTNER PROGRAMMES
- Share will enhance Member Earning and Redeeming opportunities by engaging in Partner Programmes agreements.
- Share may at any time and without prior notice to Members, add, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Partner Programmes. It is the responsibility of the Member to verify eligibility to Earn and Redeem Points with Partners Programmes.
- Members can transfer their Points from their Account to their Partner Programme’s account.
- Share Members can receive Points from their Partner Programme’s account into their Share Account.
- The Points conversion rate between a Partner Programme and Share will be set on a case-by-case basis. MAF reserves the right to modify the points conversion rate at its discretion.
- Members can transfer out a minimum of 10 Share Points, in increments of 0.1 Point.
- If a Share Member is identified as a member of Carrefour MyCLUB (a loyalty program operated by Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets L.L.C), and Carrefour MyCLUB is either suspended, converted to another or terminated, then, MAF shall have the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to transfer all valid Carrefour MyCLUB points accumulated by a Member from the Member’s Carrefour MyCLUB account to the Member’s Share Account. A Member’s acceptance of linking Share with Carrefour MyCLUB accounts or where the customer is identified as the same in both programmes via email address or otherwise is deemed as an express consent by the Member of this condition without any demur.
- The full list of Partner points transfer Programme brands is available on the Share Website.
- A Member must log in to their Share Account to create a Family Group and become the Family Head.
- The Family Head must be aged 18 years or over.
- The Family Head is the Family Group administrator and can invite other family members to join via an invite link.
- The prospective Family Member needs to accept the invite link in order to be linked to the Family Group.
- Each Family Member must be a registered Member of Share prior to joining the Family Group.
- Family Group Members must be directly related to the Family Head in one of the following ways: Spouse, Son, Step-Son, Daughter, Step-Daughter, Mother, Mother-in-Law, Step-Mother, Father, Father-in-Law, Step-Father, Brother, Sister, Granddaughter, Grandson and Domestic Helper.
- Family Group Members may be requested to provide Share with additional proof of their relationship to the Family Head.
- The Family Head has the right to terminate the Family Group at any time.
- Family Members can gift their Points to other Family Members of the same Family Group by transferring points from their Account to another Family Group Member’s Account.
- A Family Group can hold up to 10 Members including the Family Head.
- A Member can only be part of one Family Group at one time.
- All transfers or Gifting of Points between family Members are permanent and non-reversible, immediately upon transfer.
- A Family Group member can leave the Family Group at any time.
- Upon leaving a Family Group or deleting a Family Group as the Family Head or a Family Member, the Member can only join another Family Group or start a new Family Group at least six (6) months after the date of joining the original Family Group.
- Participation in Family Group is offered at the discretion of MAF.
- The Family Head acceptance of the Terms hereof is considered an acceptance of all of the Family Group Members inclusive of minors.
- The Family Head understands, accepts and agrees that MAF shall be sending marketing material related to Share and the Participating Brands to all Members including minors, although MAF will make its best endeavors to ensure marketing materials are compliant with applicable laws and regulations, however, it is the responsibility of each Family Head to ensure the safety and security of the minors’ browsing through the Share App, the Share Website and 3rd party links.
- In no event shall MAF be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Share App and / or Share Website and / or 3rd party links by a minor.
- Any item purchased which Earned Share Points or which was paid for with Points or part Points shall be returnable under the respective Participating Brand’s returns policy.
- Points will not be Earned on refunded products. Transaction information may be shared with Participating Brand for transaction verification, validation and fraud detection purposes.
- In the event the item purchased Earned Points, the equivalent amount of Points will be deducted from the Member’s Account when the return transaction has been processed.
- If there are insufficient Points in the Member’s Account for the deduction of Earned Points from a related refund the Member’s Account will be immediately suspended for verification. No further Earning or Redemption transactions will be permissible until the account has been verified by the Share member services team.
- In the event of a Member seeking a refund having redeemed Share Points for original purchase, the Participating Brand reserves the right to refund via their existing policy or via Share Points to the members account.
CLOSURE & TERMINATION
- MAF may in its absolute discretion suspend, close or terminate a membership or a Member's accumulated Points at any time.
- When Member does not transact for 24 months their Account is set to “Lapsed” status.
- Any time between 24 and 36 months, if a member transacts, their Account will be moved from Lapsed back to the “Active” and login credentials will remain valid but Points will expire.
- When the Member does not transact for 36 months, he/she would be moved to “Archived” stage at which point the Member would need to register again, as previous login credentials would no longer be valid.
- MAF reserves the right to terminate the Member’s membership and/or revoke Member’s points at any time.
- The member may cancel his/her membership at any time by calling 800-SHARE (74273). Share reserves the right to request appropriate identification and information from the Member in order to process the cancellation.
- Share membership will terminate immediately on notification of death or bankruptcy of a Member. In addition, where the deceased or bankrupt Member is also the Family Head of a Family Account, the relevant Family Account will also terminate. Any Points accumulated for a deceased or bankrupt Member or a Family Head shall be void.
- Members may Earn points by submitting valid receipts through the receipt scanning functionality on the Share App.
- Receipt scanning functionality is unavailable at Carrefour outlets and VOX Cinemas.
- A valid receipt is defined as a Qualifying Transaction receipt submitted within 14 days from the transaction date. The 14-day period includes the date of purchase, and receipts that are submitted more than 14 days after the date of purchase will not be accepted. The time of purchase will not be taken into consideration.
- Credit/Debit card receipts will not be accepted.
- The Member must ensure that the entire receipt is captured when the phone’s camera is activated, including all information available.
- Each receipt must be scanned separately through the ‘Add Receipt’ option.
- Members can Earn Points on all valid receipts, with no minimum transaction amount.
- Verification of receipt validity will be the responsibility of MAF who reserves the right to reject receipts and withhold any associated rewards.
- Points will be credited to the Member’s account within 1 week from the date of submitting the valid receipt, although this timeline may be extended if the transaction requires further investigation.
- In the event that a valid receipt has been scanned through Share App and is rejected, Members can raise a complaint by calling the call centre to initiate an investigation.
- MAF reserves the right to suspend or disable the Accounts of Members and prevent any future Points accruals should any fraudulent activity or misuse of Share be detected or suspected. Share is not obliged to award Points for valid receipts during the period of account suspension.
- Share is intended to reward and benefit individual Members who transact with the Participating Brands for their individual transactions. For the avoidance of doubt, members are not eligible to earn Points for transactions that are not their own, whether using the Share Wallet or receipt scanning functionality.
- No collective group use is permitted of Share, expect where specifically included in the Terms.
- No corporate use is permitted i.e. collection or use of Points or benefits for business purposes is not permitted.
- All exceptional use i.e points, Earning, Redeeming, refunding or use of other benefits will be flagged and may lead to suspension of the related Account whilst the activity is under verification.
- Any misuse of Share from its original intention and any action or omission against the fair use terms may lead to permanent deletion of the related Share Account and forfeiture of any Points outstanding.
- MAF reserves the right to pursue individuals, companies or other organisations for legal recourse if the programme is mis-used.
- MAF reserves the right to suspend, delete or otherwise modify any Member’s Account, or the entire Share programme at any time at its sole discretion, with or without prior notification. This may lead to a forfeiture of all outstanding points, promotions and benefits.